.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Hard as a Rock Writing :: Writing Technology Technological Papers

Hard as a Rock WritingCan any one constantly create a new write technology from items found in nature? Is it possible to invent something to write with and on that had not been conception of in the past? These were the questions I pondered as I sat outside my house wondering what to do for my Invent Your Own Technology project. At first, I thought I would somehow distill the pollen from the daffodils growing in my front yard. wherefore I wondered, What could I use to write on with my new yellow ink? How long would it last? And what could I write with?. After that I explored the idea of binding twigs together with weeds and creating letters. I could create a portable rudiment this way. then(prenominal) again, without a permanent base to affix my letters to, they would scatter with the wind. After yesterdays wind, I am glad I mulish against that idea. Finally, after much deliberation and searching in my yard, I came upon a lasting idea. I was sitting in the grass and suddenly sp otted a very sharp stone. If only I could find something to etch my words into, I mused. It was then that I came across a much larger, dark, flat stone. Then I experimented. Indeed, I could use one stone to write on the other stone. The idea was simple. It was almost too simple. My initial questions rushed back to me. Certainly, this writing technology was not new. However, anything I could think of would not be new. It might be a new use of materials for me, but ultimately, somewhere, someone at one time or another has thought to use flowers for ink, dried reeds for parchment, a stick as a stylus, and stones to carve words on to other stones. blush as a child, I remember using shells to write words and draw pictures in the sand at the beach. Suddenly, what to write became the focus of my internal debate. Then I remembered Mark Twain reminiscing, in his article The First Writing Machines about sitting at his typewriter typing over and over, The boy stood on the earnest deck (501). Could it be that the technology suddenly became more important then the content of Twains writing? Was it the same for me, only in avoid? The technology was so simple I was at a loss for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment